Presenting at BrainStorm
If your presentation is chosen by the Steering Committee, you still need to register separately for the conference. Even if you plan to just present, registration is still needed.
- Submission of a presentation does not automatically guarantee selection
- Vendors who are chosen to present must purchase a booth or sponsorship
- Vendors who purchase a booth or sponsorship are not guaranteed a presentation session
DEADLINE is October 31, 2017!!
(We have a new submission system this year. You will need to create an account (not linked to BrainStorm registration), which will allow you access to a portal so you can submit one or many sessions, as well as come back and revise/update those sessions before the deadline of October 31st.)
WHAT ATTENDEES WANT IN A PRESENTATION:
- Prefer school district personnel as primary presenter
- NO sales pitches
- Live demos
- Less PowerPoints
- Question/answer time in roundtable format
- Keep it technical – primary audience is IT staff
- NO curriculum topics
- Handouts (available via BrainStorm website)
Presentation topic ideas:
- First hand project experiences from school districts/higher education institutions
- Microsoft SCCM
- 1:1 device management
- Google Apps/management
- Apple device management
- Higher ed related topics
- Helpdesk ticketing systems
- Hardware inventory systems
- Cyber security
- Office 365
- Cloud based IT management
- Network management
- Wireless technology updates
- Chromebook management
- Linux server management
- Group policy
- Legal issues in IT
- Community area networks/site-to-site fiber construction
- Windows server and Windows 10
- Firewall security
- Switching, vlans, etc.
- Network Security
- Monitoring the cloud sites and apps (the issue is not always the lan)
- Mobile device management
- Hardware repair workshop
- Single sign on/identity management
- Data Security – technical and policy
- Student data privacy
- Powershell scripting
- Putting VM’s into the Cloud
- Switching and routing basics
- Two-Factor authentication
- Scripting and automation processes
- Backing up cloud resources
- Professional and leadership side of IT (CETL)
- 3D printers/STEM
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no fee for vendors to present but the vendor must purchase at least one booth at the Expo. Purchasing a booth does NOT guarantee your presentation will be selected.
- inform & educate K20 technology directors, network administrators and other IT personnel
- enhance technology for schools
- encourage audience interaction/response/questions (hence “BrainStorm”)
- are not curriculum topics
- are not sales pitches but instead lead a technical discussion of a specific hardware or software product requiring a systems engineer from the vendor, can be the presenter or additional person(s), or experienced school district user to answer technical questions
- Hands-On Sessions include all of the above and should also demonstrate active participation, such as participants using their own laptops with VM software
Proposals will be reviewed by the Steering Committee. You will be notified upon acceptance of your proposal.
Vendors should bring at least one technical person (e.g. engineer, etc.) if the primary presenter is a sales/marketing person.
Schools are exempt from providing an “engineer” type presenter but may want to partner with other schools, if needed, to provide a more technical presentation.
Hands-on sessions are normally 2 hours. If a different length is needed for a hands on session, please contact the steering committee.
Vendors that desire to give away more expensive door prizes are encouraged to do so during the Vendor Expo at their booth and/or by submitting a door prize drawing to be given away at the close of the Expo.
- Wireless Internet access (wired upon request when submitting proposal)
- Multimedia projector
- Projection screen
- Extra tables, chairs, electrical needs can be requested when submitting proposal
All other equipment is the responsibility of the presenter.
Use this option if you will only participate in our conference as a speaker but do not plan on attending any other sessions, meals, expo, etc.